Famed for its incredible history, legendary landmarks, celebrity sightings, and exciting excursions, Hollywood is a one-of-a-kind destination best explored with friends. When planning your visit to Los Angeles, it’s a good idea to arrange for lodging and transportation in advance, while allowing plenty of time for spontaneous adventures once you arrive. One of the most popular and rewarding ways of visiting L.A. as a group is to book a large passenger van for your trip. Upon arriving at LAX, passenger van rental has never been more carefree, convenient, or affordable than it is with State Van Rental.
While traveling with friends or family may be the most fun and worthwhile way to visit Los Angeles, the geography and infrastructure of the city can create unique challenges for large groups. As every local knows, finding parking in Hollywood is especially difficult, and strict parking regulations can create unwanted anxiety. For larger groups, these issues are compounded by often exorbitant parking fees for multiple vehicles. To help you experience all the best attractions Hollywood has to offer with the greatest ease, here’s a brief guide to some of the hottest destinations in Los Angeles, along with travel and parking information for each:
The Hollywood Walk of Fame
Winding throughout a number of blocks in the heart of Hollywood, the Walk of Fame is a famous series of dedicated pavement squares, each featuring an iconic star and the name of an individual celebrity to honor their achievements in the TV and film industry. Configured in a lengthy “T” shape extending outward from the intersection of Hollywood Blvd and Vine St, the Walk of Fame occupies one of the most traffic-heavy areas of the city.
Grauman’s Chinese Theater
One of the most famous spots on Hollywood Blvd, TCL Chinese Theater (originally known as Grauman’s Chinese Theater) is a landmark tourist destination best known for its celebrity handprints, footprints, and inscriptions in the concrete pavement outside. The location also hosts tours, events, and first run film screenings, and is perfect for accommodating large groups. Affordable parking is available in the garage beneath the Hollywood and Highland Center, including an added discount with validation from the theater.
Located at 5905 Wilshire Blvd, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) is one of the most highly respected museums in the world. Boasting an incredible collection of artwork by famous and historically significant artists, including Pablo Picasso, Andrew Calder, Auguste Renoir, James Turrell, and many others, the museum offers on-site parking for $12 per vehicle. The cost of visiting is easily minimized by entering the garage with a single large passenger van.
Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum
From Marilyn Monroe to the Avengers to Michael Jackson, Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum is famous for its lifelike wax statues of Hollywood celebrities. Perfect for photo opportunities with your favorite stars, the wax museum is a delight to explore once you’re inside, but can be tricky to navigate upon arrival. Located at 6933 Hollywood Blvd, this tourism hotspot is on one of the busiest blocks in the city, and street parking can be virtually impossible. For the easiest (and least expensive) visit, we recommend starting with a passenger van rental at LAX, then parking in the Madame Tussaud’s parking garage with convenient valet parking. By arriving in a single vehicle, you can cut your parking costs in half.
Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum
One of the most prominent and memorable Hollywood attractions, the Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum is located nearby at the corner of Hollywood Blvd and Highland Ave. Featuring everything from shrunken heads to weird scientific discoveries to bizarre international artwork, the museum is an especially great destination for larger groups, and offers special discounts for groups of nine or more.
Yamashiro Farmers Market
Offering one of the best views in Hollywood, the Yamashiro Farmers Market is a great place to find fresh food and fun live events. Parking is extremely limited, so arriving in one vehicle, such as a passenger van rental from LAX, will help visitors enjoy the best possible experience upon arrival.
Another fabulous spot for local Los Angeles cuisine is the Grove, located at Fairfax and 3rd Street. Combining high-end shopping, a movie theater, restaurants, an expansive and historic L.A. farmers market, and must-visit shops ranging from a Taschen bookstore to a sticker store, the Grove provides a great opportunity for shopping, relaxation, and Hollywood people-watching. Valet and garage parking are provided on site, and single vehicle entry is encouraged.
The Griffith Park Observatory
For the best view of the famous Hollywood sign, the Griffith Park Observatory is a must-visit attraction. With exciting exhibitions, spectacular views, and educational activities, the Griffith Park Observatory is a perfect destination for tourists, and large groups are welcome. The observatory is accessible by taking Vermont Ave north onto E Observatory Rd, and while parking at the site is free, it is also extremely limited. By booking and arriving in an LAX passenger van rental, the process of parking upon arrival – not to mention the breathtaking drive to the observatory – will be much more enjoyable for the entire group.
The Hollywood Bowl
Built in the 1920s and nestled in the famous Hollywood Hills, the Hollywood Bowl is a world-renowned setting for concerts and special music events. Located at 2301 Highland Ave, the site also includes a large public park and picnic area, with a northeastern view of the famed Hollywood sign. Parking at the Hollywood Bowl is both expensive and very limited, and arriving in one vehicle is strongly advised.
Advantages of Choosing State Van Rental
- For large groups exploring Hollywood, half the fun is sharing the adventure with your friends. With an LAX passenger van rental from State Van Rental, there’s no need to awkwardly coordinate multiple vehicles, separate communications, or difficult parking scenarios. Instead, you can enjoy every part of your Los Angeles vacation – including the time spent between locations – with your favorite travel companions.
- In contrast to other modes of transportation, passenger van rentals provide copious private space for luggage, equipment, or gear needed to accommodate every special activity during your stay.
- In an exciting tourist city widely known for difficult parking and expensive fuel costs, you can save a great deal of money by using a single vehicle. Avoid exorbitant transportation costs and multiple parking fees by opting for a passenger van rental from LAX, courtesy of State Van Rental. To save even more money on your trip, click here to discover our current booking specials, where we offer unique monthly discounts and coupons for various groups.
- At State Van Rental, we believe that a Los Angeles group vacation should be full of fun, adventure, and connection. When exploring the various attractions the city has to offer, there’s no need to waste precious time waiting on members of your group, worrying about making it locations on time, or coordinating complicated travel plans. By opting for a passenger van rental, you can give your group the benefit of a more connected, enjoyable, and time-effective Los Angeles adventure.
- For most tourist groups interested in passenger van rental, LAX is the starting point of your visit to Los Angeles. At State Van Rental, we make the process of getting a van upon arrival easier than ever. Click here to explore our handy, hassle-free transport and delivery options.
Contact our friendly support team anytime at (888) 826-5212 or (310) 641-7000. You can also click here to make a convenient reservation online in minutes. For questions or assistance regarding your upcoming travel plans, you can also reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to help you plan your ideal Los Angeles group vacation, and to get you on the road with the perfect combination of style, safety, comfort, and affordability.
Call us today!