Perhaps more obviously than any other U.S. travel destination, Las Vegas is a city designed to cater to tourists. With an array of live shows, exciting restaurants, bustling casinos, music and comedy venues, and much more to experience, Las Vegas is a one-of-a-kind destination that promises adventure and diversion. Whether you’re hoping for a Las Vegas travel experience that’s non-stop, high energy amusement; spa, dining, and poolside relaxation; or a little bit of everything, it’s important to ensure that you’re making the most of your time. Upon arriving in Las Vegas, getting around town will be important, and whether you choose to do so by taxi, rental of a 15 passenger van, or public transit can have a huge impact on your trip.
It can be a lot of fun to plan your vacation itinerary, but unexpected travel during your stay can cause unwanted difficulty and anxiety. To help you minimize stress and make the most of your vacation, we recommend familiarizing yourself with some of the best ways to travel within the city beforehand, so that you can focus on having the most fun during your stay. Here are a few of the top choices for navigating Las Vegas, along with the pros and cons for each:
Las Vegas Deuce
The Las Vegas Deuce is a public, double-decker bus that travels up and down the Las Vegas Strip. No advance reservation is required, and boarding stops are indicated by signage at intervals of about every quarter mile on either side of the landmark thoroughfare.
- Compared to taxi services, limousine travel, or most other dedicated transit options, the Las Vegas Deuce is extremely affordable.
- Especially for a public transit option, the Las Vegas Deuce is relatively comfortable, with on-board air conditioning and seating for nearly 100 riders. Much like opting for rental of a 15 passenger van, this is an especially positive feature for groups.
- Unlike other transit options, the Las Vegas Deuce has a very limited route, and only traverses the Las Vegas Strip. This can be inconvenient for groups wishing to explore other destinations within the city.
- Frequent stops along the route – typically as many as four times per mile – make the Las Vegas Deuce a somewhat slow and inexpedient mode of transportation, and may not be the best choice if you’re hoping to arrive at a location at a designated time.
- Seating is first come, first served. At particularly busy times, it may be difficult for larger groups to find seating with one another.
- Unlike public transit options, a taxi can provide direct transportation to any location in the city. Much like rental 15 passenger vans, this can help you get to your destination quickly, especially when time is a factor or if you’re interested in exploring beyond the Strip.
- Most taxi drivers in Las Vegas have a fairly good command of the city’s geography, particularly the various tourist locations, clubs, and casinos along the Las Vegas Strip, which means that taking a cab may be less time-consumingthan some other options.
- In Las Vegas, law prohibits private groups or individuals from ordering cabs, and taxis cannot be hailed on the street like in most other cities. This means that if you find yourself exploring the city on foot, you’ll have to recruit assistance from a hotel, casino, or restaurant to call a cab for you, which can be inconvenient and tiresome.
- Taxis can be extremely expensive, especially if traveling between distant locations or during high-traffic times. Las Vegas cab travel is at a special premium during evenings and weekends. If you’re exploring Las Vegas for more than 24 hours, this can add up to a surprisingly sizable expense during your stay.
A note on ridesharing alternatives: In many cities, on-demand ridesharing services such as Uber and Lyft provide an alternative to taxis, rental 15 passenger vans, or shuttle services. Unfortunately for visitors, law has prohibited the expansion of these services to Las Vegas, and neither Uber or Lyft are available in Las Vegas.
- The most obvious advantage of using a free shuttle is the absence of cost. Free shuttles are occasionally provided by hotels to offer free transportation from the airport to their location for guests. There are also free shuttles that connect tourists from one hotel to another. Check with your hotel concierge to see if a complimentary shuttle service is provided.
- Much like rental 15 passenger vans, free shuttles are designed with multiple travelers in mind. This translates to more storage space for your luggage, cargo, and any additional equipment with which you might be traveling, which can be a useful feature for the duration of your shuttle ride.
- Most free shuttle services only operate between specific destinations, which can be extremely limiting. For instance, free shuttles rarely operate between restaurants, spas, entertainment venues, or other tourist locations, and are most common between airports and hotels as a special amenity for guests.
- Because free shuttles often operate by picking up multiple passengers at a number of stops, this can prove to be a more time-consuming option than other modes of travel. For groups wishing to arrive at their location quickly or at a particularly time, free shuttles may not be the best method of transit.
State Van Rental
- For larger groups visiting Las Vegas, rental of a 15 passenger van from State Van Rental provides the most convenient, comfortable, and enjoyable method of travel within the city. We understand that domestic and international travel can provide enough challenges to travelers, without the added hassle of inconvenient van rental. Pick-up and drop-off arrangements are effortlessly easy, and reservations are straightforward and hassle-free, with custom timing to perfectly complement your unique travel plans.
- As a tourist, you’ll find plenty of delightful opportunities to spend (and hopefully make!) money in Las Vegas. With this in mind, we’re dedicated to keeping our passenger van rentals as affordable and cost-effective as possible. Click here to explore our selection of passenger vehicles for rent, including medium, large, and luxury options.
- For groups hoping to explore Las Vegas in style, we even offer luxury vehicle options for the most deluxe group travel experience available. Call us anytime at (702) 222-1223 for information about current availability, model information, and rates.
- While there’s plenty to see and do along the legendary Las Vegas Strip, it’s useful to remember that Las Vegas is situated in the middle of the beautiful Nevada desert. For outdoor enthusiasts, there are a number of breathtaking nature hikes, organized scenic tours, and exciting wilderness excursions to make your vacation even more memorable. With a rental 15 passenger van from State Van Rental, you’re free to explore whatever activities and adventures you like on your own terms, without the hassle or anxiety of securing expensive alternate transportation. Additionally, large passenger vans include plenty of space for extra cargo, camping gear, photography or art equipment, or anything else you might want to bring along for the journey.
- As you may have guessed, 15 passenger vans can each only accommodate up to 15 travelers. If you’re traveling with a larger group, click here to contact us for a free, no-obligation recommendation for your travel scenario, and to learn whether renting multiple passenger vehicles might be the best choice for your excursion.
Plan Your Trip
At State Van Rental, we delight in helping our customers plan their travel and transportation, and want to make sure you have an unforgettable Las Vegas experience. We believe that the key to a great vacation isn’t just about the destination; it’s also about enjoying smart, friendly, affordable travel. Our friendly customer service specialists are ready to answer any questions you may have regarding our extensive fleet of passenger vehicles, including rental 15 passenger vans, and to help get you on your way in no time. We pride ourselves on offering the highest standard of customer service, an unbeatable range of options, and the best prices available.
Call us today at (888) 826-5212 or (702) 222-1223, or reach us anytime via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to helping you plan your perfect Las Vegas vacation!